INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION "YOUNG VIRTUOSOS"
INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "PANCHO VLADIGEROV 2019"
I. General Conditions
1. The competition is addressed to young composers from all nationalities, specialties and age groups as specified in point 2 of the General Conditions.
2. The competition is held in the following age groups and categories:
2.2. Age groups
Up to 35 years of age – born after 1.01.1984
1. The registration for participation in the competition is done only by Application Form. The application forms for all disciplines must arrive IN A ELECTRONICAL WAY no later than:
MONDAY, 2nd DECEMBER 2019
2. The application forms are available on the website of the INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "PANCHO VLADIGEROV 2019".
3. The application forms must be accompanied by the following documents:
- a document certifying the age of the participants;
- two artistic photos (.jpg, 800 x 500);
- a short artistic biography of the participant;
- a bank receipt of paid Registration fee of 30 (thirty) EURO for each submitted work;
- PDF file of one or more works written in particular for the competition and to be associated with the 120th anniversary of the birth of the classic of the Bulgarian music Prof. Pancho Vladigerov. The cover and first page of the work should not contain the author's name, and only 8 digits code of the cover page should be specified.
- Application form with the 8 digits codea specified composer's name and title of the work.
4. The candidates should pay the fee via Bank transfer to the following bank account:
“Young virtuosos” Foundation
Sofia Pametnik Levski
Sofia, 1, Yanko Sakazov Blvd.
IBAN: BG23 UNCR 7000 1522 4504 49
5. Registration fee deposited by an absent participants or candidate who doesn’t meet the conditions for participation is not refundable.
6. Late registration or the lack of any of the required documents will make the application void.
Up to 35 years of age – born after 1.01.1984
Cathegory "Piano compositions"
One or more compositions for solo piano with duration up to 6 minuteswritten in particular for the competition and to be associated with the 120th anniversary of the birth of the classic of the Bulgarian music Prof. Pancho Vladigerov.The cover and first page of the work should not contain the author's name, and only 8 digits code of the cover page should be specified.
Cathegory "Compositions for Chamber ensemble"
One or more compositions for chamber ensemble with duration up to 10 minuteswritten in particular for the competition and to be associated with the 120th anniversary of the birth of the classic of the Bulgarian music Prof. Pancho Vladigerov.The cover and first page of the work should not contain the author's name, and only 8 digits code of the cover page should be specified.
The compositions must be sent electronicaly only inPDF format on the e-mail of the secretariat of the Competition
IV. COMPETITION PROGRAMME, JURY, PRIZES
1. The work of the Jury is organized through Formal written regulations made by the Organizing committee according to
the Quality Standards of the European Union of Music Competitions for Youth (EMCY).These rules apply to all categories of the competition.
1.1.For each category is selected a special International jury.
1.2.1. The International jury consists of recognized experts in the discipline of the competition held.
1.2.2. The International jury of each one category is no less than 5 jury members.
1.2.3. The International jury must be summoned from different institutions and different countries of the world.
1.2.4. The jury members are independent of one another and take decision with a secret ballot.
1.2.5. Jury members should not discuss the participants prior to the end of the voting process.
1.2.6. The voting must be in a written and signed form.
1.2.7. At all the rounds the competitors will be assessed according to a points system from 1 to 25 points.
1.2.8. Only competitors, who are awarded 18 points (average grade) or more, proceed to the next and the final round.
1.3. Special Secretary appointed by the Organizing Committee will provide the anonymity of the participants in category Composition. Only the Special secretary has the right to reveal and announce to the Jury members the names of the winning composers.
1.5. The decisions of the Competition jury are final and no contestation will be accepted.
1.6. Three prizes and a laureate diploma will be awarded in all age groups in each subject of the Competition.
1.7. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to give additional prizes to each category, after decision of the international jury.
18 000 BGN
VI. Application Form
7.1. The Application Form and all the supporting documents must be sent to the Organisational Committee of the Competition in ONLY by E-mail:
FOR THE CATEGORY COMPOSITION on E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later then MONDAY, 2nd DECEMBER 2019
Adrress of the competition:
Sofia – 1000, 10, Yuriy Venelin str.
7.2.The Application forms are available on the website of the “Young Virtuosos” Competition.
VII. Final Decree
8.1. All recording rights to the performances from the final Laureate Concert of the INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "PANCHO VLADIGEROV 2019" are sole property of the International Competition
8.2. Participation in the competition will be taken to mean acknowledging the above set of rules.
8.3.The Bulgarian text of the rules is definitive.
Download the INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "PANCHO VLADIGEROV 2019" Regulations